The air you breathe inside your home could be the most polluted air you breathe all day. In fact, the EPA has named indoor air pollution as one of the top five environmental risks to public health. With the amount of time spent indoors, it’s no wonder so many people suffer from allergies, asthma and other illnesses.
Indoor Air Quality – Northeast Georgia
- Just one cubic foot of air can have more than 30 million pollutants—that’s 100 times more than all the air outside.
- Polluted air like this causes 94% of all respiratory problems.
- If you see dust in the air or on your furniture, what you’re really looking at are mold spores, pet dander, bacteria, pollen and other harmful contaminants.
- About 40.000 dust mites, which increase the chance of asthma development, can live in just one ounce of dust.
- In addition to visible contaminants, there’s an alarming concentration of harmful particles that are invisible to the human eye. Particulate matter like this is the leading cause of poor indoor air, and it’s found in 85% of homes.
- Every time you dust or vacuum, you actually increase particulate concentration.
Indoor Air Solutions Near Me
It’s not just your family that suffers. Contaminants can also have a damaging effect on your furniture, appliances and other electronics. Indoor air pollution is a problem in almost every home—including yours. Let Patterson, Carrier filtering systems, and GPS help you fight back at the particles that are harming your home and your family.